Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

As Nike almost says - Just Do It...Yourself!



Do It Yourself most commonly known as DIY seems to be all the rage these days, what with the economy and easy accessible ideas on pinterest, who could resist the idea of just doing it yourself?  I know the DIY bug has bit me and  I've been crafting all over the place.  My favorite project that I completed recently are my new chalkboard vase and candles.  I like them because I can mix up the decor by simply changing the writing! Plus they were so easy to do (and I thought of them all on my own, no pinterest needed!).  Here is what you need:

(1) Pack of stencils.  I purchased the Martha Stewart adhesive stencils from Michaels.  I used a 40% off coupon and scored them for around $6.

(1) Tube of multi-purpose chalkboard paint.  I used Martha Stewart paint again b/c it was on sale at Michaels and I had a coupon.  $2.50/tube!

(1) Sponge brush or a roller brush

Your  favorite glass candles, vases or really anything you feel like stenciling!

Chalk

Paper plate or aluminum foil.


 
Step 1 - Select the stencil you want to use
Step 2 - Apply the stencil to your candle or vase. This step can take sometime b/c you want to line it up straight (or as straight as you can, it doesn't have to be perfect no one will notice :) ) Note: I used bath and body works 3 wick candles. For the "Glow" candle I just peeled away the label.  For the "Light My Fire candle" I actually skipped the stencil and just painted over the label!  
Step 3 - Squeeze a little bit (nickle size amount) of paint onto your paper plate or aluminum foil
Step 4 - Paint over the stencil.
Step 5 - Write your fun message with your chalk
Step 6 - Sit back and listen to all the wonderful compliments from your friends and family on how cute they are!
Step 7 - Change your message whenever you want! 
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover