Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

The Stress of Coupon Shopping

Coupons, coupons, coupons.  I love a good coupon, but boy can they stress me out.  Those little expiration dates hidden among the fine print screaming "USE ME BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" add too much pressure!  This month was my birthday month, and we all know what that means - special birthday coupons!  Yay!  They of course expire at the end of the month. Boo!  Side note:  I personally think birthday coupons should be sent to all your friends and family with the disclaimer "you can only redeem this if you are shopping for Ginger" that way other people can spoil me and I don't have to spend $$$ because we all know it's a waste not to use them right? This year I did a pretty decent job using up all my sweet coupons without spending too much of my own money. 

Anthropologie 15% - check.

www.anthropologie.com

Victorias Secret - $10 off purchase - check (7 pair of undies for just $16 -holla!)
www.victoriassecret.com




 Sephora - free birthday gift (FRESH Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo -amazing!)-check.
www.sephora.com
www.sephora.com
   
DSW - $5 coupon - wholly stress ball, but check! I had an additional $20 coupon (and a I would have gotten an additional $10 off with another coupon that expired on the 28th but I missed out - grrrrr, those pesky expiration dates strike again!) I looked and looked and looked for a pair of new shoes. I found a cute pair, but now after purchasing them, I realize that I still spent $37 and for me I probably would have just found a cheaper pair that only cost $25 had I not had the coupons. 

www.dsw.com


I did miss out on my 15% coupon at World Market, which is a bummer b/c there is a cute doorstop I've got my eye on - I would have saved $1.94!


www.worldmarket.com
And if there is one thing I have learned growing up in the Beverage family, it's a "penny saved is a penny saved!" 

Alas, my birthday month is over and all my coupons are expired, so no more shopping.  Well at least until tomorrow, when I'm sure I'll get an email from Ann Taylor or Gap with "Today only 25% off entire purchase." I'm feeling stressed already!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover